Thursday, May 15, 2014

Welcome to my front yard garden


Greetings and welcome to my new blog! I started this blog to more or less document all the amazing (and not so amazing) happenings in my Central Indiana front yard garden. My garden initially started out as a 10'x10' plot smack dab in the middle of my front yard. Why the front yard, you might ask? Well...it's really the only place in our entire yard that gets enough sun for a garden to flourish. A couple years ago, I replaced the old 10'x10' plot with cedar raised beds of various sizes...and I haven't looked back since. I added 5 new beds this year and who knows what next year will bring.

Join me as I dig into my 2014 garden. Currently in the ground are...potatoes, cucumber, eggplant, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, sugar snap peas, onions, lettuce, beets, spinach, radishes, rhubarb, tomatoes, basil, ground cherries, tomatillos, kale, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, chard, watermelon, sunflowers, corn, beans, bell pepper, jalepenos and habenaro peppers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment