Saturday, May 17, 2014

What's growing today

Well...it looks like although it's mid-May, spring isn't quite over yet. The last couple days we've battled rain and cool temperatures...and last night the temperature dipped down into the 30s! So, I did what any normal front-yard gardener would do...I covered my tomato and pepper plants, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. An inspection this morning revealed no visible damage - in fact, the cool weather crops are really enjoying it!

The sugar snap peas are flowering and producing pods!


My 3'x3' sugar snap pea bed


Radishes are growing!

 Delicious Russian Red Kale - my absolute favorite kale to grow!


Russian Red Kale planted last fall. I'm letting it go to seed so I'll be able to plant lots more kale this fall.


Happy gardening!
Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment